Tuesday, June 26, 2012

A fair time.

We went to the fair ya'll! (I'm pretty much required to slip a good "ya'll" in there every once in a while, seeing how I'm a southerner now) I am always unprepared for how expensive fairs are. First you have to pay for parking, then for all those rides, and of course you have to get one of those famed funnel cakes. They deep fry pretty much everything now days, but no, I was not even tempted to try a deep fried candy bar or cereal clump. And for all the money spent on rides, my kids spent almost all of our time and had the most fun in the petting zoo. Go figure.




By the way, I think I need pet baby goat. These little babes were the cutest things I have ever seen! All in all, it was a good day. The kids loved every second of it, and I always love the fun, carefree vibe of a summer carnival. But between the ear pounding music, flirty carnies (ew!), cigarette smoke and emptying my bank account (which lets be honest, is not hard to do seeing how the only income we have while going to school are student loans), I'm happy to wait until next year to hit up the next fair.

No comments: