Since graduating from skin school months ago, i havent been able to get a job because i knew that we'd be moving and of course i didnt want to work someplace for a couple of months then have to leave. So now that we are all settled i was able to take resume's around and i am very happy to announce that i got my dream job! I am now a master esthetician at Azalea Day Spa.

I have always known that i wanted to work in more of a day spa atmosphere rather than medical. I love the relaxing atmophere, i love the opportunity to connect with each client and turning a treatment into an experience. I always do little extras in my treatments, and i try to connect on a deeper level with each client during every treament. Massage is always my favorite portion of the treament and i have always been naturally good at it. You just cant do that in a strict medical atmosphere where you just do the skin treamtent and there is no massage or anything. Just in and out. I've also had a problem finding a spa where the main focus is on estheitcs. Most positions are just hair salons that happen to have an esthetics room but the owner's dont know anything about skin. I hate that.
The owner of this spa has been a master esthetician and massage therapist for 10 years, and strongly believes that massage and esthetics are connected and support each other, as do i. Massage is incorporated into every treatment just like i love! It is also an Aveda Concept Spa, meaning that all of the product is all organic, natural, and plant/flower based. And the focus of every treatment is balance and connection. I couldnt pick a better spa for me and my esthetics beliefs, and i feel so lucky that i was able to get this position! I will be there 1 and a half days a week, which is exactly what i wanted for being a full time mom. I am so excited! If you are in the area stop in, i'd love to work on you!

I have always known that i wanted to work in more of a day spa atmosphere rather than medical. I love the relaxing atmophere, i love the opportunity to connect with each client and turning a treatment into an experience. I always do little extras in my treatments, and i try to connect on a deeper level with each client during every treament. Massage is always my favorite portion of the treament and i have always been naturally good at it. You just cant do that in a strict medical atmosphere where you just do the skin treamtent and there is no massage or anything. Just in and out. I've also had a problem finding a spa where the main focus is on estheitcs. Most positions are just hair salons that happen to have an esthetics room but the owner's dont know anything about skin. I hate that.The owner of this spa has been a master esthetician and massage therapist for 10 years, and strongly believes that massage and esthetics are connected and support each other, as do i. Massage is incorporated into every treatment just like i love! It is also an Aveda Concept Spa, meaning that all of the product is all organic, natural, and plant/flower based. And the focus of every treatment is balance and connection. I couldnt pick a better spa for me and my esthetics beliefs, and i feel so lucky that i was able to get this position! I will be there 1 and a half days a week, which is exactly what i wanted for being a full time mom. I am so excited! If you are in the area stop in, i'd love to work on you!

Namaste :)








3 comments:
Congratulations Heidi! I wish that I was still in Provo, I would love a skin treatment and a massage. I hope that everything else is going well for you too!
Yay! That is awesome! Where is this spa located, because when I get some extra cash I'll have to have somewhere to spend it!
I love when people find their passion and follow it. Way to be!
Post a Comment