(I appologize in advance as this is kind of a brag post, but hey, i earned it right?!)
I have never been an athlete, in fact, i always managed to get out of taking PE in school becuase i hated it so. I loved dance and cheer, but anything that i considered a 'real' sport i stayed clear of. But after i had the little guy and i was no longer working, i decided that i wanted to have something to work towards that was only for me. And in the past 8 months I have fallen in love with running! Head over mizuno-shod heels. I started out with no physical base whatsoever, i've never worked out before, and after just having Brennan i could only run about a half mile at a time. But i worked every single day.....and i did it! :) I honestly havent been this proud of myself since the days i had my babies. The feeling of setting this goal for myself that seemed so hard and out of my reach and then accomplishing it is amazing. As i crossed the starting line listening to blink 182's 'adventure final' (it set the mood so perfectly) i had to hold back tears. After months of training i was finally there, ready to do it. I had a perma-smile the entire time, i just couldn't help it. I was on a high like no other! I was so proud of myself and i had to fight back getting teary eyed a couple of times during the race haha. My parents and little bro were able to come watch me, and Dan got the day off work. It was so perfect to have their support, seriously, knowing they were waiting for me was the best motivation. The rush of the whole race was amazing, i've definatly caught the race bug!
My official chip time was 02:08:40. My goal was to do it in 2 hours. I had to stop and wait in line for the porta potties twice during the race, and it killed me to know the time was ticking by while i was just waiting there. (But i was NOT going to be one of those people with poop running down their legs because they wont stop lol!) But i gave it my best, and even with my stops i feel like i did well for my first race :D.








7 comments:
Heidi you are awesome!! You seriously are always inspiring me! I am always trying to get myself into running but I can never seem to do it. But maybe now I can push myself a little more!
You ROCK Heidi!!! You ran that SOOO fast (considerably faster than my one and only 1/2 marathon). Now we can start doing the Ragnars and other relays together!
That is so awesome Heidi! I hope one day I will able to run again! I so want to do a marathon!!! Even if it's only half! That is a huge accomplishment!
AWESOME! You are truly an inspiration. And your family is gorgeous. We should totally get together this summer. My kids are FINALLY over the sickness thing.
Thank you all so much. You are all way too sweet, im blushing! It definatly felt good. :)
Way to go!
Good job Heidi! That is a great time!
Post a Comment